DOWN PAYMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS IN MN
- Tired of Renting? Ready to become a homeowner?
- Have OK Credit and stable employment?
- Have a few
thousand in the bank?
- Have at least $1,000 for down payment?
Then We Can Probably Help You!
Mortgages Unlimited has been helping Minnesota first time homebuyers since 1991. We partner with the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency (MHFA) to offer safe and affordable home loans, including loans combined with down payment assistance.
Why Choose An First Time Home Buyer Loan?
- Below market affordable interest rates
- Special programs available anywhere in Minnesota
- Down Payment Assistance loans for eligible homebuyers
To Be Eligible for Down Payment Assistance
- Be a first time homebuyer (have NOT owned a home the past 3-years)
- Be credit qualified, with at least a 640 middle credit score
- Have at least $1,000 of your own money for down payment (or 1% of the purchase price if home is under $100,000)
- Meet down payment assistance household income requirements
- Meet program requirements for sale price of the home
- Meet standard FHA loan, USDA Loan, VA Loan, or Conventional loan guidelines
First Time Home Buyer and Down Payment Assistance Guidelines
Follow this link to view current
How To Apply for First Time Home Buyer Loans
It's easy! Simply fill out the online mortgage loan application, or call us at (651) 552-3681. We can take your application over the phone, or schedule an appointment at our St Paul, MN office.